On Blogger since October 2006
Profile views - 1099
Blogs I follow
- 20 Out Of 10
- A Few Thoughts- Under the Apple Tree II
- A Journey through Nursing School &amp; Beyond...
- Adam &amp; Mandy (+4)
- Adventures of GuitarGirl RN
- Adventures of Hood Nurse: Hood Hospital 2, Electric Boogaloo
- Beer, Dogs, and Getting Healthier...
- Belle of the Bustle
- Candi's Corner
- Chicken bones for the throat....
- Did I REALLY sign up for this??
- Enjoying the Small Things
- Finally Airborne...
- Here we go....
- HORSESHOE BEND 2
- I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor
- It's Twinsanity
- Its Just Me, Drazil and Sheniqua....
- Life as a paramedic
- Mackenzie &amp; Alex (and Reese too!)
- madness: tales of an emergency room nurse
- RN: Real Newbie, a nurse's blog
- Running Wildly
- Skinny Jeans Dreams
- The One With the Red Stethoscope
- Times of My Life
- Triplets Plus One = Four Times The Fun
|Location||Florida, United States|
|Introduction||1/16/05 From nursing student to grad nurse to RN - here is my journey! 2/26/06 Let me say - first year went by quickly. 1/18/07 - Second year was faster than the first! I may switch over to agency/travel nursing. 1/18/08 - I didn't venture into travel nursing, I am content with where I am right now. My co-workers feel like family. 1/18/09 I feel the same as I did a year ago...,still content with where I am now. Travel nursing one day though! 1/29/10 Wow, 5 yrs already. Time flies. I'm at a new hospital, gaining experience. Not sure what the future holds, but I'm pretty calm & cool. Not much really scares me anymore when it comes to taking care of patients. 1/18/11 - starting my 7th year. This is the longest I've done any job. 1/7/12 - time flies, I've seen a lot of changes this year & don't like them. Fighting nursing burn out. We'll see what happens. 1/27/13 - starting my 9th year & nursing has turned into a "jack of all trades". UPDATE: 1/25/14 Trying my best to maintain a positive attitude and focus on my patients, not administration.|
|Interests||I am one of those mid-life career transition people who for some reason decided to enter nursing school while in my 30's. Although it was rough and tough - I learned that if you can survive nursing school...you can survive anything! Although the title of this blog is My First Year As A Nurse, at the present time I have over 3 1/2 years of nursing experience. I started this blog directly out of nursing school prior to my first day of officially being paid to be a nurse at a hospital. It was a scary start and I wanted to be able to look back one day and see how far I came. Now I just can't stop blogging!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy it.|
|Favorite Music||Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood|
Create a tagline for a new line of plastic bedsheets.
What's on your mind right now?